Saturday 19 August 2017

Challenge up your life: Challenge #73 Summer

Hello Crafters,

two weeks have passed again already, how time flies. Over here were I live, school started again last Monday, so my girls have successfully made it through the first week back at school and work. Good thing it's the week-end now. 



And it is challenge time as well, over at





This time, we are encouraging you to create a summer card!


Challenge #73 Summer


Here's what I made. 
My girls were invited to a pool party during the summer holidays, which is rather unusual, because view people have a pool in their garden here. So I wanted to make a water related card for that occasion, but the only stamp set I could think of, was from lawn fawn and I felt it might not be cool enough for an almost-teenager.

Therefore I wanted to make it special in another way, so he could overlook the cuteness of the critters and I created my first ever pop up box card.

I cut out the box myself, as I don't have a die for it, but that wasn't too hard. I sponged the front and insides with light blues and aquas and a wavy stencil, to create the watery look. I also did that for the inserts, which I cut to a wavy top.


Then I stamped and coloured the critters with alcohol markers, and cut them all out. For some of them I tried mirror stamping, to make them swim in different directions, and one of the fish is hand drawn because that was less effort than mirror stamping, as it was such a simple shape.


I placed them all inside the box, either directly to the inserts or side or with  an acetate strip if they were to go higher up. 

For the sentiment I coloured a piece of paper with my alcohol markers to create the gradient effect and then die cut it with a German sentiment die (means "we congratulate"). I love that die, as it is rather large, very fitting for all kinds of occasions and the dots on the i's are connected to the next letters, so you can't lose them. 

For the personal greeting, I die cut a stitched white panel and glued it to the back. This way we can write something personal, without spoiling the effect on the front. I also embellished that panel with 2 more fish.

So, now it's up to you, have lots of fun creating a summer themed card for us.
Ela




Challenges: 
AAA Cards: Summer fun
Simon says stamp: Add a sentiment
Just add ink: #373 Just add stencils 

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a super fun pool party! Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super 3D card, loving all the brightly coloured critters. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! Such a wonderful design! Great work!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Ela! I love all your vibrant sea creatures and the lovely wavy watery background you created with the stencil. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a cool card! it looks so bright and happy! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete