Saturday 5 August 2017

Challenge up your life: Challenge #72 Circles

Hello Crafters,

it's time for another challenge at





This week, we are challenging you to use circles on your cards or layouts.


Challenge #72 Circles


I started out, with an entirely different idea. I meant to use an embossing folder with circles, a wide strip of a rainbow gradient I still had lying around and a circle focal point with some kind of image. 
 
I went through my stash and picked a humming bird from WPlus9. I coloured it in blue, green and purple, but then I got stuck... I couldn't make my elements work for me... 

I decided to drop the rainbow and created a whole bunch of circles, I coloured them with alcohol markers in matching colours (blue, lilac, purple, green and grey) and arranged them on a white card base. But it still didn't work, so I dropped the bird as well. 

Now I needed a new focal point. But luckily I  had just received a new sentiment stamp set with the most beautiful scripty sentiments. It's actually an add-on set meant to go inside a circle element, but I didn't get the main set. I just loved the sentiments, and I think they work just as well without a circle.


I stamped the sentiments on a white circle and matted it on a slightly larger grey circle, which was adhered to the card front with foam tape. The sentiments reads "kind regards", but in German that is less formal than in English.

Now, I hope you'll join us in using circles on your projects.

Lots of love
Ela

No comments:

Post a Comment